UPCOMING SCREENINGS -
Following a standing ovation for a MOTHERLOAD preview at the League of American Bicyclists’ National Summit, the film made its official world premiere in May 2019 at the Doclands Film festival in Mill Valley, CA. Upcoming screenings include:
St. Helena, CA - September 18th at 8pm in Lyman Park as part of St. Helena’s Walk & Roll to School Month, a collaboration between the Napa County Bicycle Coalition, Napa County Office of Education, St. Helena Active Transportation and Sustainability Committee and St. Helena Parks and recreation. Click here for the Facebook event.
Prague, Czech Republic - Friday, September 20th at Ponrepo cinema. Presented as part of „Městem“, the Sustainable Mobility Film Festival
Breckenridge, CO - Saturday, September 21st at the Breckenridge Film Festival
Port Townsend, WA - Saturday, September 21st at the Port Townsend Film Festival
Port Townsend, WA - Sunday, September 22nd at the Port Townsend Film Festival
Brattleboro, VT - Friday, September 27th at 6:30pm at the Retreat Farm off of Rt 30 after the Critical Mass bike ride. Hosted by VBike.
Southampton, United Kingdom - Friday, September 27th from 6:30-9pm. As part of Cycle September, Transition Southampton is proud to be showing MOTHERLOAD at October Books, Southampton. A collaboration between Transition Southampton, Southampton Cargo Bikes and with sponsorship from Southampton City Council. Click here for tickets!
San Francisco, CA - Sunday, September 29th at the San Francisco Green Film Festival
North Wiltshire, United Kingdom - Tuesday, October 1st at 7:30pm at The Pound. Hosted by Spindles Bikes & Transcoco.
Bellingham, WA - Tuesday, October 8th. Doctober at the Pickford Film Center
Tucson, AZ - Saturday, October 12th at Film Fest Tucson
Fairfax, CA - Saturday, October 12th,Town of Fairfax Bike In Movie Night at Ball field. Details TBA
Adelaide, Australia - Sunday, October 13th. Hosted by the Bicycle Institute of South Australia. The screening will be part of an all-day event which will see the “community opening” of Adelaide’s latest Greenway and also launch the Australian Walking & Cycling Conference. Updates at BISA’s Facebook page.
Los Angeles, CA - Tuesday, October 15th. Hosted by the CalBike National Summit. Details TBA
Carrboro, NC - Saturday, October 19th. Hosted by Carrboro Bicycle Coalition
Bellingham, WA - Sunday, October 20th. Doctober at the Pickford Film Center
Toronto, Canada - October 15th-20th.Details TBD. Planet In Focus Film Festival
Vienna, Austria - Late October, Details TBD. Heavy Pedals
Daytona Beach, FL - Saturday, November 2nd! Coffee and Conversation at Cinematique at 10am. A free event for all ages! RSVP requested at 386-252-3118. Click here for details.
Elgin, IL - Saturday, November 9th. Hosted by the Elgin Bike Hub.
• Madison, WI - The Cargo Bike Shop
• Oakland, CA - Rock the Bike
• Burlington, Middlebury and Montpelier, VT - VBike and Dave Cohen
• Fergus Falls, MN - Pedal Fergus Falls
• Damariscotta, Maine
• Denver, CO - Bike Shop Girl Family Cyclery
• Tuscon, AZ — Living Streets Alliance
• Austin, TX — Bike ATX
• San Carlos, CA — Safe Routes to Schools & San Carlos Parks & Recreation
• Raleigh, NC — Bicycle and Pedestrian Commissioner for the City of Raleigh
• Jackson WY — Friends of Pathways
• Berkeley CA — Cargo Bike Party
• Omaha, NE — Mode Shift Omaha
• Eugene, OR — LiveMove
• Vancouver, British Columbia — Rio Theater
• Japan — James Szypula and Japanese Cycling Embassy
• Oslo, Norway — Norwegian Cyclist's Accociation (NCA)
• Yate, United Kingdom — Really Useful Bikes
Community-hosted screenings of MOTHERLOAD are being planned now all over the world… plan yours!
Our growing MOTHERLOAD network
· More than 150 confirmed screening partners across North America, Europe, and Australia
· Promotion by People for Bikes, an advocacy organization with 1.27 million members
· A “Letter of Intent to Screen” from KQED, the PBS affiliate station in San Francisco
· An active Facebook community with over 4000 members
We are forming partnerships with parenting, sustainability, and bicycle organizations. Our community screening package includes discussion questions, calls to action, and templates for events that could be paired with the film. Please contact Producer of Marketing and Distribution Liz MacGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
There are so many ways to involve yourself with the MOTHERLOAD project:
HOST a community screening of MOTHERLOAD
Join our active Facebook group of over 4,000 cargo bike lovers!
We are seeking another Executive Producer and/or Sponsorship to help fund the distribution of the film—please email us if you or your business would like to have your name/logo in our credits and marketing materials.
MAKE A DONATION of any amount to the MOTHERLOAD Completion Fund:
SUBSCRIBE to the MOTHERLOAD Newsletter to keep up-to-date on our news: